joannacapati

Book-ish Fantasies

Reading always keeps me learning, wondering. From YA/NA to Urban Fantasy, Sci-fi, Thrillers and Dystopia, help me bring these different worlds into life as we read together! :)

Graffiti Moon - Cath Crowley

To date, this is the lightest book that I've ever read and that's the first thing I adored about it. It's light yet it didn't get too cheesy on the themes of love, friendship, family and passion in life.

It's our arty, glass-blower protagonist Lucy's hunt to the young, sheddy, graffiti artist who happened to be the boy she wished and badly wanted to be with for the rest of her life. Luckily, like fairy tales, while life sometimes sucks, it still gives the best rewards. There were lies yet there were more honesty; there were fighting and drunk parents yet there were more faith; there were unfinished businesses, failed tests, yet there were more innate knowledge and talents.

Graffiti Moon opened my mind to this side of graffiti sans the gangs, drugs and vulgar wall messages. It's graffiti with deeper meaning. It's the mixture of graffiti and poetry.

Even though it mostly talked about these spray-painted walls, wall by wall, it didn't drag at all. The flashbacks and stories behind the characters, the POV's, the whole feel of the environment were legit and easily relatable. It was such a steady, friendly experience.

Middle grade, teens and adults are going to love this! :)